Sunday, February 22, 2009

First pieces cut!

So, I had some time to kill this weekend, so... first pieces cut.

And, since I just couldn't wait to see how big it was going to be...



Drawing out the pieces wasn't that big of a deal for me... I've taken a manual drafting class, and this is just like that, only on plywood. What did help is that I had Google Sketchup open on my computer in the next room. I could quickly draw the piece out in Sketchup to make sure all the points on the curves fit, and then nudge them around until they do. It's also nice to draw a smooth curve that fits the points in Sketchup, then measure the arc to find the radius. After that, it's usually easy to draw with a 4' ruler converted to compass duty. Sorry for the short post, but sleep is beckoning.

1 comment:

  1. A random comment, but I like the pulsar that you've captured in your living area.

    ReplyDelete