Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Progress!!

So, after a bit of a hiatus, I'm making progress again. No pics this time, but I've cut out one my pieces for Frame 6, and the vertical "add-on" pieces for 3, 4, 5, and 6. I'm through cutting for the day... have to find a better dust collection system. All of the pieces so far have been made using our household vacuum cleaner to catch the dust, and I think it would be a better idea to try to rehabilitate the old shop vac we have rather than break our very expensive vacuum through over-use.

Anyway, I've got all of the rest of the pieces I need to cut out of 9mm drawn on, so it's just more cutting now. I did eventually draw the pieces up in AutoCad and plotted them out 1:1. From there it was very very easy to just trace around the edges of the cut-out shapes.

The temperature is supposed to get all the way into the positive double digits this weekend, so I might take a break from the basement work and go out there to put the building jig together. Woohoo!

1 comment:

  1. I hope the weather cooperated, and that you had the chance to make the building jig come together. But what's this? No pictures?

    ReplyDelete