Sunday, April 19, 2009

Scarf! Scarf!

So... three big but non-photogenic steps this weekend:

A) I epoxied the two sheets of 12mm ply that will make up the bottom panel together.

B) I cleaned up space in the garage for boatwork.

C) I drove over to my wife's grandparent's house and used their thickness planer to plane down the 4/4 stock to 20mm. Also planed one piece of the 8/4 down to 40 for the centercase pieces.

I am now ready to spend this week ripping and crosscutting some 20mm stock down to size for making the centerboard, and I have the stock to make the centercase. I'll also probably spend some time fitting the frame pieces together. Next weekend might bring the building jig. If so, I could cut out the bottom panel, fit it to the jig, and have something resembling the first step in a boat in my garage!!

OMG!

1 comment: